Donald Trump & so on.

What meddlework should we be doing?

Donald Trump & so on.

Postby Ethan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:42 am

Watched the interview today and just. This has long since passed the point of ridiculousness. There has to be some way to make this primary a little more sane. Probably not Pataki-sane, but maybe Rubio-sane?

Believe me, I know electoral politics aren't usually our main field of focus, but, uh, I can't be the only one losing sleep over this.

On the other side of things I still wish we could have meddled Warren into running, but Sanders is at least not a completely hopeless candidate.
Ethan
Activist
Activist

Re: Donald Trump & so on.

Postby Alexander » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:53 am

Why do you want the Republican primary to be more sane? They are back-meddling themselves at this point. Also Rubio is a monster of iniquity, so the fact he appears relatively sane compared to some of the others wouldn't motivate me to want to help him out if I was in the US. Why not allow the GOP's natural politics of extreme reaction to grind their people down in the primary until whoever they nominate only expresses the tribal urges of a fraction of the voters and whoever it is loses to the Democrat? The Democrats may not be very desirable from an objective point of view, but at least they are bound to some extent by platform and policy not to do as much damage in the short term.
"Fascism is not in itself a new order of society. It is the future refusing to be born." -- Aneurin Bevan
Alexander
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Jesse » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:36 am

I honestly don't believe that the GOP is anywhere near backing Trump. He's just a massive train-wreck, drawing all of the media flak like flies, because it means better ratings for them (the media), while the rest of the GOP candidates mostly take a breather. I don't expect Trump to still be there by the time the primaries hit.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.
Jesse
Muse
Muse

Postby Ethan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:53 pm

I feel like Trump's approval rating is damaging to the faith of peoples all over the world in the power of democracy.

I don't know, I feel like, sensibly, I agree with both of you. But viscerally, I just... I've been grazing a lot of really old seeds lately, and there were Egyptian god-kings I liked better than this guy, okay?
Ethan
Activist
Activist

Postby Oskar » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:59 pm

The elections are looking more and more insane because the idea of solving anything with the results of an election is more and more insane.

As Trump, here's what worries me. I heard a story, and I can't find out of it's true, that a couple of Trump supporters beat a homeless guy to death, and Trump publicly approved of the action.

If that is true--and I don't know if it is--that is a HUGE warning. Go back and graze some of my seeds from Munich 1931-1933. Or some of Herbert's or Olga's for the same period. I do not throw the term fascism around lightly, but we do know how to recognize the warning signs:
1. Open and blatant nationalism and racism as part of standard political dialog.
2. Open and blatant calls for violence against workers and racial and national minorities by mainstream politicians.
3. The organizing of bands (recruited first from the upper middle class, then from the lumpen-proletariat) to carry out violence against and workers and racial and national minorities.
4. A direct move for power, either through electoral trickery, or through military force, or a combination.

Greece, as we know, has reached number 3 with the Golden Dawn. If the story about Trump proves to be true, that is number 2 in the US and we need to take it as a warning.
"Victory always casts a new light on the defeats that led up to it." -- Trotsky
Oskar
Activist
Activist

Postby Alexander » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Spin from conflicting news sources is confusing my view of the situation, Oskar. As an aside, the victim wasn't killed, not that that diminishes the alarm with which we should view the attack, or the repugnance with which we should view any attempt to condone it. I'm not entirely sure that Trump did condone it, however, though I wouldn't put it past him at all. I also wouldn't put it past the Gawker to quote him out of context, just as they attempted to portray his wife's marital rape charges as current instead of years-old and retracted.

I certainly agree that your seeds from Munich show some terrible similarities, though. This is one of those cases where my personal experience matches yours entirely. Indeed, this is why I had little compunction about participating in Soviet foreign intelligence projects in Germany during that period -- almost anything was justified there to my mind considering the monstrous forces that were gathering at the time. It was only the horrific domestic projects in the USSR that at last turned me against the system. And it's also why I view the current attempt to decriminalize assault in Russia with such alarm.

Anyway as another point for your list, I should point out an Iowa conservative has recently suggested that illegal aliens be enslaved.
"Fascism is not in itself a new order of society. It is the future refusing to be born." -- Aneurin Bevan
Alexander
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Phil » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:39 pm

Yeah, I saw that Iowa conservative. Jesus Christ. I'm getting scared, and I don't scare easy. I'm not scared enough to listen to Oskar, but, well, I'm getting close.
"Your job as a good player isn't to win money, it's to make good decisions." -- Mike Caro
Phil
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Ethan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:44 pm

So, at what point do we really start to sweat?

I'm eyeing a few pieces of anti-pharaonic meddlework, is all I'm saying.
Ethan
Activist
Activist

Postby Jesse » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:31 am

I already have a few things in the works, just in case. Recently had a meddle with Stephanie, one of his key people, with a nudge to take her time, put everything in order, and be quiet about it right up to the point where she walks. Should see something soon. Seeded info is in the golden toupée room, left white bishop on the chessboard.
Jesse
Muse
Muse

Postby Ethan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:07 pm

I'm glad someone's on this. I'm still mostly sweating travel, immigrations, and corrections meddles, which are less than inspiring but at least things only get a tiny bit worse if I fuck it up.
Ethan
Activist
Activist

Postby Alexander » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:00 pm

In a post not that long ago I suggested that the GOP is destroying itself and shouldn't be discouraged from following their own path to perdition. I take it back. What these candidates have evolved into is so distressing I can't support that notion any longer.

So what happens if you meddle against Trump and give the nomination to Cruz? Or vice versa? From a distance they are both so horrifying in such distinctive ways I can hardly tell which is worse. I know more than anyone how bad an idea this is (the replacements would be almost as bad, and they would be buoyed by martyrdom sentiment), but I can't help but observe that the cost of 2 bullets is still only $0.50 in the US. Fortunately this is so far outside my sphere of operations the notion remains only a fantasy....
Alexander
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Ethan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Is one of us the one working on bringing the thing with Cruz's mistresses to light?

And do any of us have some religious right material prepared to hit Trump? I mean, his Howard Stern interviews ought to provide a good platform for...

No. Nope. Staying out of elections. Running far, far away from wrangling with individual power. This is why Qing liked working with buildings; they never sassed him back.
Ethan
Activist
Activist

Postby Phil » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Yeah, well, I thought he didn't have a chance. I thought that all the way up to election night. Good to know that, with 2000 years of experience, I know fuck-all. On the other hand, we got rid or Arpaio, so good work to all involved in that. A lot of work (mostly by Ren, frankly) for not much result, but that's what we do, isn't it?
"Your job as a good player isn't to win money, it's to make good decisions." -- Mike Caro
Phil
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Jesse » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:20 pm

That it is, my friend. That it is.
Jesse
Muse
Muse

Postby Alexander » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:51 am

I have to confess that I was aware of the project here to intervene in the election, but couldn't believe it would actually have any effect. I was laboring under the cold war illusion that American security forces would be opposed to the activity. It seems that with active support from the FBI even our political directorate can be successful from time to time. Sorry about that....
Alexander
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Phil » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:00 pm

You know, if I ever learn that any of you backmeddled to give Trump the election, I swear, I will Stub you and then Stub your next Second.
Phil
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Alexander » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:21 am

I am beginning to suspect this election is evidence of amnemones learning to meddle. It's almost like an entire electorate was meddled with all at once, though I know that's impossible. It is impossible, isn't it?
Alexander
Catalyst
Catalyst

Next

Return to Proposals